Different regions of our country have different types of natural stones, which are used in construction work. These stones have their own characteristics that are used at different places in a home. Depending on your preference you can choose any of them. So, let's understand a few things about stones in construction of a home.
- This is a type of igneous rock, found in Southern India. It is used in walls, staircase, floorwork and also in kitchen slabs.
- Granite is a high strength stone, which does not absorb water.
- It is usually available in Central and Western India and is used in the home's flooring, stairs, and for decorative purposes.
- Marble can be carved easily, and it also gives a good sheen to the work.
- It is a volcanic igneous rock, formed after the volcanic lava cools down.
- This black stone is used in construction and also while making concrete. It is very hard and cannot be used for carving purposes.
- Sand stone is usually low in strength, allowing it to be sculpted into any desirable shape.
- It is available in different colours, in different parts of India.
- It is used in columns, flooring and to beautify the exterior walls of your home.
Other than these, laterite, gneiss, slate and limestone are also available in India
which are used for construction.
Get Answer To Your Queries