UltraTech’s Aditya Cement Works recognised at 17th CII-ITC sustainability Awards 2022

UltraTech’s Aditya Cement Works recognised at 17th CII-ITC sustainability Awards 2022

UltraTech Cement Limited’s, India’s leading cement and Ready Mixed Concrete (RMC) company today announced that its Rajasthan-based integrated unit, Aditya Cement Works, has been awarded ‘Excellence in Environment Management (Manufacturing Sector)’ by the CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development. The unit was awarded at the 17th CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2022.

Aditya Cement Works was awarded for demonstrating ‘Outstanding Policy, Practice and Results’ within the Rs 50 crore to Rs 499 crore turnover category. The unit received the honour for its journey of ‘Excellence in Sustainable Business’ in the ‘Environment Management’ domain and for achieving ‘excellence in seeking ways to be more sustainable and inclusive’ in business.

Aditya Cement Works was the only unit from the cement sector to have won the in the ‘Excellence’ Category”. A total of 27 manufacturing units from diverse sectors across India qualified for the final round, of which eight units were the winners.

Aditya Cement Works sustainability progress

The unit has progressed substantially in driving UltraTech’s sustainability agenda, particularly the focus areas of decarbonisation, circular economy, biodiversity management, water positivity, safe operations and community development.

Key highlights :

  • Consumption of alternate fuel and green energy increased by about 40% and over 21% from FY 21-22 to FY 22-23 respectively.

  • Over 23% renewable energy and over 10% of recycled and reused water was used as parts of the unit’s total consumption of energy and water respectively.

  • Use of plastic waste as alternative fuel increased by 27.5% and the unit’s plastic negativity by about 21% from FY 21-22 to FY 22-23, contributing to circular economy.

  • The unit achieved a saving of 15 lakh kWh power per year through its energy efficiency initiatives.

  • The 8 MW solar panel installed by the unit in its mining area resulted in energy saving worth Rs 25.28 lakh annually.

  • The installation of effluent treatment plant with RO helped the unit reuse 80% of total wastewater and utilise the remaining 20% in quenching of bed ash which supported in controlling dust pollution.

  • Usage of industrial waste like red mud and chemical gypsum in manufacturing of cement helped dispose waste in an environment-friendly manner and enhance the lives of the limestone mines of the unit.

Get In Touch

Get Answer To Your Queries

Enter a valid name
Enter a valid number
Enter a valid pincode
Select a valid category
Enter a valid sub category

By submitting this form you are authorizing UltraTech Cement to contact you.

Please check this box to proceed further