UltraTech's presence transcends national boundaries reaching UAE, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bahrain. The company has been at the forefront of product innovation and its CRM programs are an industry first. The company’s social projects are equally noteworthy. The press kit is a compilation of all the important facts and milestones of the company.
UltraTech Cement Limited and its subsidiaries have an annual capacity of 57 million tonnes, making it among the top manufacturers of cement globally. UltraTech is also the largest manufacturer of White Cement in India. The company manufactures and markets Ordinary Portland Cement, Portland Slag Cement and Portland Pozzalana Cement, Ready Mix Concrete (RMC), White Cement, Building Products and offers Building Solutions.
UltraTech has 11 composite plants, one white cement plant, one wall care putty plant, one clinkerisation plant in UAE, 15 grinding units; 11 in India, 2 in UAE, 1 in Bahrain and Bangladesh each, 6 bulk terminals; 5 in India and 1 in Sri Lanka and 101 concrete plants.
Mr. Kumar Mangalam
Aditya Birla Group
Mr. O. P. Puranmalka
UltraTech Cement Limited
Dr. Pragnya Ram
Group Executive President
Corporate Communications & CSR
Aditya Birla Management Corporation Ltd., Aditya Birla Centre, 1st Floor, 'C' Wing; S.K. Ahire Marg, Worli; Mumbai - 400 030
Tel: 91-22-6652 5000 / 2499 5000, Fax: 91-22-6652 5741/ 42
- UltraTech is among the top cement producers globally.
- Largest producer of white cement in India.
- One of the largest producers of RMC in India.
- UltraTech Cement belongs to the Aditya Birla Group, India's first multinational corporation.
- With an installed capacity of 57 MTPA, UltraTech is India's leading cement manufacturer.
- UltraTech's presence along with its subsidiaries is recorded at 11 composite plants, one white cement plant, one wall care putty plant, one clinkerisation plant in UAE, 15 grinding units; 11 in India, 2 in UAE, 1 in Bahrain and Bangladesh each, 6 bulk terminals; 5 in India and 1 in Sri Lanka and 101 concrete plants.
- Straddling export markets in countries across the Indian Ocean and the Middle East, UltraTech Cement is also the country's largest cement exporter.
The UltraTech brand is built around the attributes of ‘modernity’, ‘quality’ and ‘technological superiority’. Based on these defining factors the brand is positioned as the expert for all construction needs. UltraTech Cement has been honored with the title of consumer validated ‘SUPERBRAND’, conferred by the Superbrands Council and has also been bestowed with the title of consumer selected ‘POWERBRAND’, instituted by Powerbrands India for the year 2011-‘12.
- Mid 1980s: 1st Cement Plants set up for Grasim (Vikram Cement) & Indian Rayon (Rajashree Cement)
- 1998: Merger of Indian Rayon and Grasim Cement Businesses | Cement Capacity: 8.5 Mio T | Thermal Power Plant Capacity: 38 MW
- 2003: Cement Capacity: 14.12 Mio T | Thermal Power Plant Capacity: 73.5 MW
- 2004: Acquisition of L&T’s Cement Business: UltraTech Cement Ltd. | Cement Capacity: 30.04 Mio T + 1.08 Mio T (SDCCL) | Thermal Power Plant Capacity: 120 MW | SDCCL divested in 2008
- 2008 – 2010: Greenfield Projects | Brownfield Expansions | Debottlenecking | Cement Capacity: 48.9 Mio T | Thermal Power Plant Capacity: 503 MW
- 2010 – 2011: Star cement-3 MT. | Greenfield Expansions | Total capacity-52MT
- Incorporated on 24 August 2000 as L&T Cement Limited.
- Cement business of Larsen & Toubro Limited demerged and vested in company in 2004.
- Grasim acquired management control in July 2004.
- Together with Grasim, one of the largest cement producers in India.
- Name changed to UltraTech Cement Limited with effect from 14 October 2004.
- Narmada Cement Company Limited amalgamated with UltraTech in May 2006.
- Cement business of Grasim demerged and vested in Samruddhi Cement Limited in May 2010.
- Samruddhi Cement Limited amalgamated with UltraTech Cement Limited in July 2010.
- UltraTech Cement Middle East Investments Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company has acquired management control of ETA Star Cement together with its operations in the UAE, Bahrain and Bangladesh in September, 2010.
- UltraTech Cement is a 360-degree building material destination providing a host of products from foundation to finish.
- UltraTech’s products range from grey cement to white cement, from building products to building solutions and an assortment of ready mix concretes catering to varied needs and applications.
- Birla White is the mother brand of UltraTech’s white cement products.
- Ready Mix Concrete of UltraTech Cement operates under the umbrella brand of UltraTech Concrete.
- UltraTech’s Building Products Division manufactures and markets a range of dry mix mortars, concrete blocks and water proofing solutions.
- UltraTech has retail formats across the country called ‘UltraTech Building Solutions’ which offer a range of construction materials, building materials and allied services.
Download our logo
- Corporate Logo 2D
- UltraTech Logo
- UltraTech B/W Logo